I’d like to offer another round of applause (Ah, yes, the internets are echoing with digital applause!) to our relentlessly hardworking friends at adirondacksusa.com for another interactive panorama of our handsome village on Lake Champlain. In fact, this week’s interactive panorama is quite literally on the lake!
I invite you to enjoy the Beggs Park Dock panorama’s interactivity. Navigate with the control buttons (center bottom of image) and try zooming from one panorama to another by clicking the red and white bullseye buttons. Here’s a direct link to the Beggs Point Dock interactive panorama (just in case you encounter any “bugs” while using the widget above) that was recorded at the very end of the dock and affording you 360° views.
I Spy… from the Beggs Park Dock
Now that you’ve figured out how to navigate this interactive panorama, try to identify some of the landmarks. While it’s enjoyable just to “drive” the widget, it’s even more fun to figure out what you recognize in the 360° virtual intersection. I spy all sorts of familiar sights including:
- Lake Champlain, lots and lots of Lake Champlain,
- possibly Champy (the Lake Champlain Monster),
- Vermont’s Green Mountains (and Camel’s Hump),
- Chimney Point,
- Essex Shipyard,
- Essex Marina,
- Beggs Park,
- and the Essex water processing facility.
Can you identify all of these? What am I missing? Please share your additions in the comments below.
- Interactive Panorama: Essex Main Street and NYS Rt. 22 (essexonlakechamplain.com)
- Interactive Panorama: Essex Rt 22 (essexonlakechamplain.com)
- Vintage Postcard: James S. Harlan Community Hall (essexonlakechamplain.com)
- Vintage Postcard: Camel’s Hump (essexonlakechamplain.com)
- Vintage Postcard: Essex Aerial View (essexonlakechamplain.com)
- Visions of Summer in Essex 2015 (essexonlakechamplain.com)