A week from today Essex, New York will celebrate The Magic of Christmas in Essex. Event organizer Erin Hall promises your favorite returning vendors, exciting new vendors, Santa and Mrs. Claus at the Essex Firehouse for the community pancake breakfast (Free!) and — back by popular demand — the holiday photo booth for you to memorialize The Magic of Christmas in Essex. Just think what a nice holiday card you can create from your Christmas in Essex photo…
Schedule for The Magic of Christmas in Essex
This year Christmas in Essex in being celebrated only on Saturday, December 1st, with an entire weekend’s worth of holiday festivities packed into a single day. Don’t miss it!
- 9:15 am Santa and Mrs. Claus arrive in downtown Essex, New York via Horse Drawn Carriage. Santa “fans” should congregate near the Adirondack Art Association building to greet Santa & Mrs. Claus
- 9:45-11:00 am Free Pancake Breakfast with Santa and Mrs. Claus at the Essex Firehouse
- 9:30-4:00 pm HOLIDAY VENDORS: Located in the Adirondack Art Association building. Come and shop for jewelry, ornaments, hand-woven Adirondack baskets, legendary biscotti, paintings, wreaths and kissing balls, baked goods, pottery, glass and more fantastic local crafts!
- 9:30-4:00 pm Fabulous Holiday Photo Booth: Essex Ice Cream Café
- 11:30-1:30 pm Essex Community Church holiday bazaar and luncheon
- 12:45-1:15 pm Reindeer run: Free Fun Run for kids and adults with certificate and hot cocoa at the finish line. Start and finish at LiveWell.
- 2:00-2:45 pm Holiday Cookie Contest: $50 first prize. Free Entry. Hosted at the Essex Ice Cream Café. Contestants must drop off cookies no earlier than 1:30 on 12/1 at the Essex Ice Cream Cafe.
- 4:00 pm Local author, Steven Kellogg reads Truman Capote’s A Christmas Memory at the Belden Noble Library. Also, don’t miss the library’s silent auction items, available for bidding all day long!
- 5:15 pm Tree Lighting: Come sing carols and light the town-tree. Event located in front of Town Hall.