Tom Warner shared this wonderful watercolor painting on Facebook today. Do you recognize this Essex gas station? It’s an evocative rendering that transports the viewer to a summer’s day, looking north from the Essex Provisions parking lot.
“Oh, how I love that little town of Essex. I have been coming up to the area since I was 10. I am an artist and poet. I am ready to publish a poetry book perhaps next year. One of my favorite old building in Essex (Ha, they are all old!) was that old Texaco gas station. Coming over the hill into Essex and seeing that always made me feel good. So naturally I did a painting of it and the Dr. Pepper soda machine.” ~ Tom Warner
Warner is a Great Barrington, Massachusetts based painter and poet, but he’s frequented the Adirondack Coast of Lake Champlain for decades. Many of his paintings in addition to this Essex gas station scene depict scenes that will be familiar to Essex residents and visitors. Check out more of Tom Warner’s watercolor at www.tomwarnerwatercolors.com.
- Essex, NY Not Just A Summer Town (www.essexonlakechamplain.com)
- Essex Library Event Announcements (www.essexonlakechamplain.com)
- Upcoming Essex Events 12/15-12/22 (www.essexonlakechamplain.com)
- Vintage Photo: Essex Motor Boat Station (www.essexonlakechamplain.com)
- Essex Doodlebomb: Essex Horse Nail Company (essexny.us)
- The Old Dock Coffee House, Essex, NY (www.essexonlakechamplain.com)
- Corner of Station and Main Street in Essex, NY (essexny.us)
- Essex Aerial View (rosslynredux.com)