The falling snow was a special feature during last Saturday’s moonlight hike when our small group of intrepid hikers hiked to the lean-to on the Blueberry Hill Trails. Flashlights? No way! The moon brightened the overcast sky and snowy white slopes so we charted our way perfectly along the trail. And then how can you do anything these days without making a selfie starring our blurry, happy faces looking out at the lights of Elizabethtown through the flurries.
Stay tuned for our next moonlight hike and the opportunity to sing “I’m being followed by a moonshadow.” Hiking at night in snow is something special.
Thanks to all our volunteers, especially Bill Amadon and Ed Wojcik, for clearing the heavy-snow-fallen branches away from most of the CATS trails. So venture out. Please pick up some branches as you go and let us know of any problem areas.
CATS Executive Director
- Happy Holidays from CATS (www.essexonlakechamplain.com)
- Upcoming CATS Winter Events (www.essexonlakechamplain.com)
- Wildway Passage Trail Success & New Owl Prowl (www.essexonlakechamplain.com)
- New CATS Trailhead Signs & Upcoming Events (www.essexonlakechamplain.com)
- CATS Application Approved By Land Trust Alliance’s Accreditation Commission (www.essexonlakechamplain.com)
- Heavy Snow on CATS Trails (www.essexonlakechamplain.com)