Last week we announced our new Board Chair, Evan George. This week we want to highlight our four new board members.
- John Davis of Essex, NY, wildways scout, editor, and writer has inspired us all with his treks from Florida to Gaspe de Peninsula and then from the Sonoma Desert to the Canadian Rockies. He is a CATS founder and previously served on our board.
- David McNamara of Chappaqua and Westport, NY, worked in the financial service industry before retiring and getting more involved in community-improvement projects. He loves hiking and the beauty and year-round appeal of the Champlain Valley.
- Vincent Dupont of Brooklyn and Elizabethtown, NY, worked as an arms control specialist at the U.S. Dept. of State, spent a year as a Fellow at the Council on Foreign Relations, and now works as an equity portfolio manager for AllianceBernstein. He recently restored an old horse farm into the beautiful Edgemont Bed & Breakfast in Port Henry.
- Rob Powell of Willsboro, NY, is an artist who worked in advertising as an art director and associate creative director before starting his own agency in Pound Ridge, NY. He was president of the Pound Ridge Land Conservancy and involved in many of its community and environmental initiatives before moving to Willsboro where he serves on the Town Planning Board.
Trail of the Week
The TRAIL OF THE WEEK is the Brookfield Headwaters Trail in Essex. This is an easy 0.9 mile loop trail on Reynolds Rd., 0.4 mile west of Brookfield Road. The trail goes through the forest and by a beaver pond, where waterfowl can be spotted almost year-round. This time of year it makes for a nice snowshoe, or easy winter ski.
CATS Executive Director
- Vintage Postcard: Aerial View of Willsboro Point (www.essexonlakechamplain.com)