Are you ready to write the story of your life?
Mary Beth Coudal is hosting a 3-day memoir writing retreat from October 25 to 28 at Skenewood, an historic Georgian manor house in Westport, New York.
Participants in Coudal’s Adirondack Memoir Retreat will complete a publishable story from their lives, discover the next steps in their memoir process, and connect with a community of memoir writers to share and support their journey. In addition to writing workshops and unstructured writing time (on the terrace overlooking Lake Champlain, next to a crackling fireplace, in a cozy window seat, etc.) participants will enjoy the opportunity to:
- start the day with yoga,
- attend a workshop with a local author,
- share local farm fresh meals in the grand dining room,
- kayak Lake Champlain or hike woodland trails,
- read from their work at an after-dinner salon.
The Adirondack Memoir Retreat is led by Writers Boot Camp East founder Mary Beth Coudal who believes in the power of dangerous and authentic writing to transform lives. Her essays have been published in the New York Times, Salon.com, and Self magazine.
- Times/Dates: 2:30 pm on Thursday, October 25 to 1:00 pm on Sunday afternoon, October 28
- Register: Register online at http://www.bootcamp4writers.com/register/east-coast-fall-writers-weekend/
- Residential Price: $475 (Includes accommodation plus all meals and retreat activities.)
- Commuter Price: $275 (Includes all meals and retreat activities.)
- Transportation: Westport on Lake Champlain is approximately 5 hours by car from New York City, 2 hours north of Albany, 40 minutes east of Lake Placid, and 2 hours south of Montreal. Amtrak train service between New York City and Montreal offers effortless, breathtaking transportation if you prefer not to drive. Train service from New York City takes approximately 6 hours, and you will travel along along the Hudson River, voted one of the country’s most scenic routes. Amtrak leaves NYC around 8 am on Thurs. and leaves Westport around 2 pm on Sunday. Reserve at Amtrak.com. Pick up to and from the train station to the retreat is included.
- Additional Information: Please contact Mary Beth Coudal (NYC telephone 646-678-0832 or email firstname.lastname@example.org) with questions and requests.
“Once upon a time in Westport, New York, a charming town in the Adirondacks,” Mary Beth Coudal begins, “you arrive at the manor house to find friends, fellow writers, and a farm-fresh dinner… You write the rest!”
Leave a Reply