Saturday, November 9
Adirondack Nonprofit Seminar: Budget-Wise Marketing and Board Motivation
At Whallonsburg Grange Hall
Presented by Andy Robinson
This year’s seminar, co-hosted by Adirondack Community Trust and the Essex Community Fund will once again be led by Andy Robinson, a nationally-recognized nonprofit trainer who will provide guidance to staff, board, and volunteers for responsible, effective and enthusiastic stewardship of the precious local organizations we serve.
Morning Session: Nonprofit Marketing on a Tight Budget
Want more attention for your work? Ignored by the news media? This workshop is designed to help organizations improve marketing success without spending a lot of money.
- Crafting a compelling message
- Who’s your audience? Market segmentation
- Preparing a marketing plan
- Creating effective materials
- Thinking like a journalist: How to work with the news media
Afternoon Session: Mobilize Your Board to Raise More Money
If your board isn’t raising all the money it could — indeed, if your board isn’t raising any money at all — you’re not alone. In this workshop, we’ll discuss the reasons why, and outline strategies to turn things around. You’ll leave with several practical, specific ideas for increasing board involvement and effectiveness.
- Redefining fundraising: It’s not just asking for money
- Addressing myths and misconceptions about fundraising
- Lots of options: Dozens of ways your board members can participate
- Training and motivating your board — and helping them hold each other accountable
*Lunch will be served. (Included with your $50 seminar fee)
Advance registration required; seminar limited to 50 participants. Register here.
- Adirondack Art Association Season Ends Columbus Day (www.essexonlakechamplain.com)
- New Adirondack land opens to hikers, paddlers (northcountrypublicradio.org)
- Adirondack Wild Holds Annual Meeting at Grange (www.essexonlakechamplain.com)
- Biker Slights Adirondack Coast (www.essexonlakechamplain.com)
- Adirondack Artists’ and Writers’ Retreat (www.essexonlakechamplain.com)