“One of our guiding principles is to invest in our communities by supporting local educational, environmental and cultural organizations,” said Jacqueline Hallock, AVP/Director of Marketing for Champlain National Bank. “We are proud to sponsor the Adirondack History Center with this donation knowing they will continue their invaluable good works celebrating and sharing our Essex County heritage.”
As a major sponsor, Champlain National Bank will be promoted as “business of the week” at the Museum and on Facebook. Its name will be featured in the entrance foyer of the Museum and at outside events. The Adirondack History Center’s website will notably list the bank as a sponsor.
“We are delighted to have Champlain National Bank recognize us with this generous donation for which we are incredibly grateful,” affirmed Carol Blakeslee Collin, president of the Museum Board. “These funds have a significant impact on our ability to present unique exhibits such as The Human Face of the Adirondacks in the Civil War. Commemorating the 150th Anniversary of the war, this is an exhibition of historic artifacts, photographs and soldiers’ letters related to the Civil War.”
The exhibit is accompanied by the Elizabeth HW Lawrence Summer Lecture Series: The Civil War and the Adirondack Home Front. This lecture series is comprised of eight programs offered on Tuesday evenings at 7:00PM from July 9th through August 27th, 2013.
Adirondack History Center Museum Information
- Hours: The Adirondack History Center Museum is open 10AM – 5PM, 7 days a week from Memorial weekend through Columbus Day.
- Website: www.adkhistorycenter.org
- Address: 7590 Court Street, PO Box 428, Elizabethtown, NY 12932
- Telephone: 518-873-6466
- Adirondack Museum (www.essexonlakechamplain.com)
- Adirondack History Antique and Classic Car Show (www.essexonlakechamplain.com)
- Museum Days to feature 16 museums and galleries (pressrepublican.com)