The Adirondack History Center Museum is offering the second lecture in the Elizabeth HW Lawrence Summer Lecture Series on Tuesday, July 16 at 7:00pm.
The lecture features Andy Buchanan, North Country resident and lecturer in Global and Military History at the University of Vermont speaking on The Place of the U.S. Civil War in the World. Buchanan is the author of several articles on U.S. military and diplomatic history. He is currently completing a book on American grand strategy in the Mediterranean during World War II.
Upcoming Museum Lectures
Future lectures in the series in July and August include:
- Morris Glenn on July 23 presenting On the Trail of the USS Monitor.
- On July 30, Sharp Swan speaks on the Adirondack Regiment/ 118th New York Volunteers of the Civil War.
- On August 6, Brent Vosburg speaks on Company H and the New York 5th Calvary Regiment.
- On August 13, Carol Blakeslee-Collin presents Vignettes of the Home Front in the Civil War.
- On August 20, the public is invited to a Civil War roundtable discussion with historians, researchers and enthusiasts.
- On August 27, Voices of the Civil War is a program of readings from Civil War letters and diaries.
All lectures are on Tuesdays at 7:00pm.
On Tuesday evenings the museum is open until 7pm and all are invited to view The Human Face of the Adirondacks in the Civil War exhibit, the Worked/Wild exhibit, and the updated Fire Tower exhibit. Admission to the exhibits is free with the purchase of a lecture ticket.
Reservations are recommended for the lectures. Please call 518-873-6466 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for reservations. The price for the lecture is $5.00 museum members, $8.00 non-members, $30.00 full series (8 lectures).
The museum is located at 7590 Court Street, Elizabethtown. For more information contact the museum at 873-6466 or visit their website at www.adkhistorycenter.org.
- Champlain National Bank Sponsors Adirondack History Center Museum (www.essexonlakechamplain.com)
- Historian Speaks on New York and the Civil War (www.essexonlakechamplain.com)