Ballard Park, in the center of historic Westport, New York on Lake Champlain, will again host a free, seven-week live music concert series. The concerts take place each Thursday at 7 PM, commencing July 6, and run until August 17. Concerts are free to all, with open seating on a grassy hillside overlooking the Pavilion and Lake Champlain, with the Green Mountains of Vermont beyond. This year the Park will also host a special Westport-Wadhams Day concert on July 1 before the town fireworks display.
Food is available for purchase from Mountain Dog Tavern, across Main Street from the Park. Picnicking is encouraged. Blankets or low chairs are recommended. A voluntary raffle at intermission raises funds and earns the winner an enjoyable prize.
All are invited to take in a beautiful, outdoor summer evening listening to some of the finest musicians in New England and the Adirondacks. Rain venue is the Whallonsburg Grange. For more information and updates, visit https://www.ballardparkny.org/concerts.
Ballard Park Summer 2923 Concert Series Lineup
- July 1 STUDIO TWO, an early Beatles tribute band
- July 6 KAT WRIGHT, Vermont’s renowned blues and soul star
- July 13 MYRA FLYNN, Roar of the Queen! Tour, just off headlining Burlington’s Discover Jazz festival
- July 20 NICHOLAS EDWARD WILLIAMS, American troubadour
- July 27 RAY VEGA—Vermont’s master of jazz
- August 3 MEADOWMOUNT SCHOOL OF MUSIC, Petey Cerf Memorial Concert— strings students from Westport’s renowned summer camp
- August 10 PLOUGHMAN’S LUNCH—North Country musicians share bluegrass, swing and covers with neighbors and friends
- August 17 RYAN CLARK–from his hometown of Lake George to new home in Nashville, Ryan has received national acclaim for his talent and voice.
About Ballard Park
Ballard Park was once the location of The Westport Inn, one of the most gracious grand hotels of the Adirondacks and a focal point of Westport summer life. The Inn was demolished in 1967 and the property purchased by Anne Ballard (“Petey”) Cerf, a long-time summer resident. Through her visionary philanthropy, Ballard Park was established in 1989, named in honor of her parents. Ballard Park is open to all and serves as a park in the Adirondacks with lake and beach access, a summer concert series, and offers sledding and ice skating in the winter. Westport, New York was founded in 1798 and has an historic central district that includes our Park. We are located four miles east of Exit 31 on the Northway, and can be reached from Vermont by the Essex-Charlotte Ferry or the Champlain Bridge. The Concerts are made possible through generous funding of grants from J.R. McDonald Foundation, Adirondack Lakes Center for the Arts/NYS Quad-County SCR Grant; Cloudsplitter Foundation; Essex County Arts Council’s Cultural Assistance Program grant with funding from Essex County; Cerf-Dunbar Fund, Rogers-Carroll Family Foundation, and many others. www.ballardparkny.org
Physical Address: Ballard Park 6466 Main St (Rt 9N/22) Westport, NY 12993
Mailing Address: Ballard Park P.O. Box 96 Westport, NY 12993
Leave a Reply