Champlain Area Trails is happy to announce that Bill Amadon has been hired as the new CATS stewardship coordinator. Bill was born and raised in the Adirondacks. He knows the local landscape and the people who live here. He has tremendous knowledge of natural science and environmental issues, and he is also an excellent artist and photographer. Bill has worked as a CATS volunteer over the years, actively identifying, creating and maintaining many of our trails. Please join us in welcoming Bill to CATS!
There are still a few spots available for Saturday’s Mindful Trail-Walk led by Tara Marie Perri, founder and director of the Perri Instittue for Mind and Body. Join Tara as she leads you through the Field & Forest Trail on July 11th from 9:00 to 11:00 am. For more information and to sign up for any of our events, click here.
The 2015/16 CATS Trail Map will be ready for distribution within the next two weeks. The map includes new trails we’ve added over the past year. Give us (firstname.lastname@example.org) or stop by the office to pick up a map and check out the new trails!
CATS Executive Director
- Wildway Overlook Trail (www.essexonlakechamplain.com)
- Moonlight Hike Fun (www.essexonlakechamplain.com)
- Adirondack Art Association Program at the Library (www.essexonlakechamplain.com)
- CATS Awarded State Grant (www.essexonlakechamplain.com)
- Volunteer Vacation Crew Completes Three Trail Projects (www.essexonlakechamplain.com)