George Davis and Katie Shepard hosted another blog workshop last night at Essex a Town Hall to teach Essex community members how to contribute to the Essex on Lake Champlain community blog and post events on the Essex Calendar.
Participants were taught how to contribute a wide variety of posts including:
- features on local businesses and organizations,
- reviews of Essex area events such as concerts and gallery exhibitions,
- personal experience stories such as boating outings on Lake Champlain or hikes on CATS trails
- Essex artifacts and vintage photos,
- regional wildlife sighting reports,
- and much more.
Topic brainstorming and storytelling strategies were explored, and participants were encouraged to experiment with creative ways to celebrate and showcase the goings-on in our Essex community. Each new post enhances the blog by representing the broad diversity of our community. Maybe you want to contribute too? We’d love to have you attend our next workshop.
Contribute to the Essex Blog
Contributing to Essex on Lake Champlain is even easier than Facebook, and yet your posts will automatically be published on Facebook (and Twitter) to help leverage our (and your) existing social networks.
Unlike Facebook and Twitter updates that drown a few hours or days after they are published, your creative Essex blog posts endure. They take on lives of their own.
- They are shared across social media;
- emailed and forwarded by friends, neighbors and future customers;
- linked to from other websites;
- quoted by other bloggers and mainstream media journalists;
- and quickly indexed by search engines who help people learn about you, your work, and your Essex community.
Blogging Promotes Essex Events and Organizations
Simply put, there’s no better way to promote your local initiative(s) than becoming a blog contributor.
Each post that you publish is an opportunity to funnel interested people to your personal or professional website, promote your business or organization, and publicize your contact information.
Contributing valuable, evergreen content to the Essex blog is no-cost, targeted public relations that with exponential reach and no expiration date.
Become a Blog Contributor
Celebrate the community and lifestyle you love. With thousands of readers visiting Essex on Lake Champlain every month, becoming a blog contributor is an opportunity to connect and build meaningful, long-term relationships directly with the people who matter most to you, your enterprise and your community.
Subscribe to our “Blog Workshops” mailing list to be kept in the loop on future workshops.
Thank you for choosing to get involved!