Blood is that fragile scarlet tree we carry within us. ~ Osbert Sitwell
Many thanks to Kathryn Reinhardt for her post Draculas Wanted: Blood Drive Monday encouraging everyone to swing by the Essex Fire Department to donate a pint of blood. I’m not certain if any new or lapsed donors participated in the blood drive, but I hope so. Nobody “bragged” about it on the Essex Facebook page or in the comments on Kathryn’s post, so we’ll keep the Essex hat for another challenge.
Future Blood Drive Dates
Kathryn also passed along a list of upcoming blood drives in the Willsboro/Essex area this summer that she received from Nancy Roberts at the North Country Regional Blood Center of CVPH. Take a list at the following blood drive dates and locations, and figure out which one(s) work best for you.
- Tuesday, July 16, Wadhams Community Church 3pm-7pm
- Tuesday, July 23, Essex County Public Safety Building in Lewis 3pm-7pm
- Monday, August 5, Willsboro Fire Department 4pm-7pm
- Thursday, August 15, Essex County Department of Social Serivices 10am-2:30pm
- Monday, August 26, Essex Fire Department 4pm-7pm
North Country Regional Blood Center
The North Country Regional Blood Center is a not-for-profit program coordinated by CVPH Medical Center. We rely on the generosity of North Country people who donate blood used by other North Country residents at CVPH as well as at hospitals in Canton-Potsdam, Elizabethtown, Malone, Massena and Saranac Lake. (CVPH Medical Center : Blood Donor Center)
- Address: 85 Plaza Boulevard, Plattsburgh, NY 12901
- Telephone: (518) 562-7406
- Hours: Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Draculas Wanted: Blood Drive Monday (www.essexonlakechamplain.com)
Carole Anne Slatkin says
Great to have the upcoming blood-drive dates. When I went in to donate on Monday, all the phlebotomists said how grateful they were for Kathryn’s article. What a wonderful, community-minded thing for her to do!
G.G. Davis, Jr. says
I totally agree! Share your gratitude when you see her around town. And congratulations to you, Carole, for donating blood!
Love the quote about blood! Thanks!
G.G. Davis, Jr. says
Isn’t that perfect? Thought you’d like it. Now we just need to hustle up some new/lapsed donors for the upcoming drives. Know any vampires looking for side gigs? 😉