The Champlain Area Trails (CATS) first ever photo and caption contest was such a success that we decided to do it again! This contest will focus on “Enjoying New York’s Champlain Valley.” We are asking for photos in four specific categories:
1) Hiking the Trails – In this category we would like submissions that focus on people — young and old, individuals or large groups — all enjoying the trails.
2) Scenic and Nature – Were you out for an early morning walk and got that “perfect” photo of the sun just breaking over the mountain? How did that make you feel? Share that or other scenic or nature photos with us!
3) Towns and Villages – The Champlain Valley is home to several charming little villages and towns. Have you taken a photo that illustrates what you love about living in one of those little towns?
4) Local Businesses – Everything about this area is special, including our local businesses. Share with us that special photo you took of a local business and tell us what makes it special. (Note: Business owners, please do not use this for advertising your business.)
Each category will be awarded 2 prizes. A “People’s Choice” award of $100 and a Judge’s Select award of $150. The captions are just as important as the photo and will considered by the judge, so take you time and think about what you want to say. Captions should be 100 words or less.
Please send your photos with captions to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your name, address, phone number, and email address and be sure to identify the category.
We all know and love the Champlain Valley. Please help get the word out about our incredible trails, the people that live here, our towns and villages, and our local businesses by sharing your photographs in the CATS Fall Photo Contest!
- Old Willsboro School Given New Life (www.essexonlakechamplain.com)
- DaCy Dinner with Chef Kevin McCarthy (www.essexonlakechamplain.com)
- For North Country beekeepers, death and questions (northcountrypublicradio.org)
- CATS Celebrates Collaboration and Conservation (www.essexonlakechamplain.com)