This week’s Thursdays on the Trail with Charlotte, will be full of surprises—namely which trail it will be on. Please meet at the Dogwood Bread Company in Wadhams at 9:00 AM to hike one of our trails and do some light maintenance. You’ll be done by 1:00 PM. Join us!
Raptors of Lake Champlain
Learn about “The Raptors of Lake Champlain” this Friday, August 1st from 7:30 to 9:00 PM at the Heritage House in Westport. Joe Racette, who coordinated the DEC monitoring of raptors nesting in the Adirondack/Lake Champlain region for more than 10 years, is the featured speaker. He will discuss the population recovery of eagles, osprey, and peregrine falcons from endangered status and the results of the ongoing monitoring of raptors.
Downtown Essex Day
Then on Saturday, August 2, please come to Essex Day from 10:00 am to 4:00 PM. Stop by and visit the Champlain Area Trails booth. We will be in front of Lake Champlain Yoga & Wellness on Main Street.
Mushroom Foraging Workshop
All the recent rain will do wonders for the mushrooms you can see on our next Mushroom Foraging Workshops being held on Tuesday, August 26th and Sunday, September 14th. The first workshop was fabulous so please plan to attend. Visit our website for details and to register for one or both of the workshops.
CATS Executive Director
- Recycle Bottles and Donate to CATS (www.essexonlakechamplain.com)
- CATS Grand Hike Promotes Region (www.essexonlakechamplain.com)
- Learn about Raptors of Lake Champlain at the Westport Heritage House (www.essexonlakechamplain.com)
- Mushroom Identification Forays in Essex (www.essexonlakechamplain.com)
- Pok-O-MacCready Campers Stretch into Summer at LCY&W (www.essexonlakechamplain.com)