Get together with Champlain Area Trails (CATS) to honor National Trails Day! Celebrate our local network of trails maintained by Champlain Area Trails on Saturday, June 1 from 4-6pm at Block House Farm in Essex, NY.
The featured speaker at the event will be William Janeway, the Adirondack Council‘s new Executive Director. The speech will be followed by food and drink.
Pre-registration $15 per person, $30 per family, children free. Purchase tickets at the CATS website or send a check to PO Box 193, Westport, NY 12993.
Hike on National Trails Day
June 1st is National Trails Day, so of course you should get out on the trails to show your appreciation! Before attending the special CATS celebration check out these hiking adventures you can attend earlier in the day:
- Join in the Cheney Mountain Iron Ore Man Hiking Event on Pelfershire Rd in Moriah at 8:45 am.
- Hike Black Kettle Nature Trail to see the unveiling of the beautiful new interpretive signs designed by local naturalist and illustrator Sheri Amsel. Meet at 1:00 on Cook Road just west of Leaning Road in Essex.
Time Running Out to Enter CATS Photo Contest
One more announcement for you: There’s still time to Enter CATS first Photo and Caption Contest! They are accepting entries through May 15th.
Submit up to five photos you’ve taken while on the CATS trails to email@example.com. Include a 25-100 word narrative with each photo to share the story of the moment you captured. Learn more about the contest here!
If you have any questions email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact CATS by phone at 518-962-2287.
- CATS Photo Contest (www.essexonlakechamplain.com)
- CATS Earth Day Trail Project (www.essexonlakechamplain.com)
- Made in Essex: Mary Wade Miniatures (www.essexonlakechamplain.com)
- Lake Champlain Committee Needs Volunteers to Steward Paddlers’ Trails (www.essexonlakechamplain.com)