Westport is welcoming its newest business today with an open house at Champlain Avenue, a bookstore and consignment store operated by local science fiction author and editor, Kathryn Cramer. The open house is taking place between 10:oo AM and 4:00 PM, and following a respite to attend the CATS event and have dinner, Champlain Avenue will host a reception from 7:00 to 9:00 PM.
The boutique, located just south of Ernie’s Market stocks 4,700 titles with an emphasis on science fiction but also ranging from general fiction and nonfiction to poetry and childrens’ books. Cramer is collaborating with The Adirondack Attic to offer an eclectic collection of vintage and contemporary clothing and home furnishings.
“I have the clothes and books arranged around the store so it gets people to look at both,” said Cramer. “I’ve had some fun placing some of the antiquarian books that have covers or themes that resemble the pieces of clothing… We want to keep a variety of things for all shoppers so the sizes you normally find in a retail store, we have here,” said Cramer. (Denpubs.com)
If you would like to consign clothing or furniture for sale at Champlain Avenue, schedule an appointment with Kathryn Wilson (962-2760) of The Adirondack Attic or swing by the boutique during open hours which are 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM seven days per week.
Champlain Avenue Information
- Website: champlainavenue.com
- Facebook: facebook.com/ChamplainAvenue
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Location: 10 Champlain Avenue, PO Box 462, Westport, NY 12993
- Telephone: (518) 962‑2760
Champlain Avenue Map/Directions
- Celebrate National Trails Day with Champlain Area Trails (www.essexonlakechamplain.com)
- Lake Champlain is Rising, Rising, Rising (rosslynredux.com)
- Champlain Valley Film Society 10th Anniversary (www.essexonlakechamplain.com)
- Pledge to Protect Lake Champlain (www.essexonlakechamplain.com)
- 1958 Vintage Ferry Brochure (www.essexonlakechamplain.com)