Saturday, September 28
At Whallonsburg Grange Hall
Tickets are $5 for adults and only $2 for those under 18.
This is the story of two men who changed America by changing the world of baseball. In 1945, Branch Rickey, owner of the Brooklyn Dodgers, signed Jackie Robinson to the team. Facing racism from every side, Robinson’s courage and talent won over fans and his teammates. Fox TV said, “It will make you believe in heroes again.”
Learn more about Jackie Robinson on the official website dedicated to this baseball legend: www.jackierobinson.com.
For more information on this season’s chosen Champlain Valley films contact the Champlain Valley Film Society at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Champlain Valley Films: Brooklyn Castle (www.essexonlakechamplain.com)
- CATS Fall Photo Contest (www.essexonlakechamplain.com)
- North Country Songs to Keep Project (www.essexonlakechamplain.com)
- Feral Pigs in the Adirondacks (www.essexonlakechamplain.com)
- “42” – An Inspirational Movie About An Inspirational Man, Jackie Robinson (souladditions.wordpress.com)
Leave a Reply