Saturday, OCTOBER 12, 8.00 pm
At Whallonsburg Grange Hall
Tickets are $5 for adults and only $2 for those under 18.
Based on the award-winning novel by Howard Frank Moser, this humorous, sometimes startling coming-of-age story is set in the Northeast Kingdom of Vermont. The movie stars Bruce Dern (Best Actor, 2013 Cannes Film Festival) and Genevieve Bujold (Academy Award nominee).
Jay Craven is the director of three other films based on Howard Frank Moser novels: Where the Rivers Flow North, Disappearances, and A Stranger in the Kingdom. Craven’s awards include two New England Emmys, two National Endowment for the Arts film grants. His films have been screened at the Smithsonian, Lincoln Center, and the American Film Institute.
For more information visit Jay Craven’s website.
Northern Borders: Behind the Scenes
The video below shows some behind-the-scenes of the making of the film. Fun to watch, but beware possible spoilers if you haven’t seen the film yet!
For more information on this season’s chosen Champlain Valley films contact the Champlain Valley Film Society at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Champlain Valley Films: 42 (Story of Jackie Robinson) (www.essexonlakechamplain.com)
- Champlain Valley Films: Brooklyn Castle (www.essexonlakechamplain.com)
- Feral Pigs in the Adirondacks (www.essexonlakechamplain.com)
- Lake Champlain Windsurfing Festival 2013 (www.essexonlakechamplain.com)
- Daily Doodle: Essex Hat with Champy (essexny.us)
- Lake Champlain Yoga & Wellness Opens October 1 (www.essexonlakechamplain.com)
Leave a Reply