Songs to Celebrate the Day of the Dead: More Ballads of Life, Death and Redemption
(2nd Annual Event)
Saturday, November 1, 7:30PM
At Whallonsburg Grange Hall
We had so much fun last year that we’re bringing back this night of murder ballads, gospel tunes, and songs of redemption. Great local musicians fill the Grange with songs to honor el dia de los muertos, the Mexican holiday we call Day of the Dead. Delicious sweet treats, fabulous decorations, and fun for all.
The evening will include performances by Plowman’s Lunch and by Lee Adams and Jim Wade. Special guests Willa Mamet and Paul Miller will be singing from their first album, “East Hill Road.” The folk duo was recently featured on Vermont Public Radio, and Paul performs with the Bluegrass Gospel Project. More on Paul and Willa can be found at www.willamamet.bandcamp.com.
The Grange Hall’s kitchen committee will be serving desserts with a Halloween theme.
Tickets are $7 per person, and $3 for 18 & under. Additional donations are welcome. All proceeds will benefit Grange music programs.
- Small Business Food Processor Seminar to Be Held at Grange (www.essexonlakechamplain.com)
- Champlain Valley Films: THE FAULT IN OUR STARS (www.essexonlakechamplain.com)
- Workshop on Sustaining Volunteers (www.essexonlakechamplain.com)
- Tenth Annual Veterans Day Appreciation Program and Dinner (www.essexonlakechamplain.com)
- Underground Railroad Experience & Revolutionary War Simulation (www.essexonlakechamplain.com)
- Grant Funds Grow Fort Ticonderoga’s Education Mission (www.essexonlakechamplain.com)