The Willsboro Central School Music Program Presents an end-of-the-year Community Drumming Circle with guest facilitator, Heather Bartos on Sunday, June 9th from 2-4:00 p.m. in the school music classroom. Admission is free. Open to all people regardless of age or level of experience. We have drums for everyone, though yours are welcome too!
Community Drumming Circle Highlights
- Drumming is accessible – The drum is a user-friendly instrument that everyone can play.
- Drumming is immediate – It offers a unique learning curve with fast results.
- Drumming is inclusive – It creates a common ground for novices and experts, young and old, disabled and able-bodied.
- Drumming allows self-expression – It is a medium of non-verbal creativity.
- Drumming allows communication – across cultures, ages, and disabilities.
- Drumming releases stress – Its unique aesthetic enjoyment creates a palette for physical and emotional release.
- Drumming is a social elixir – It brings people together for an amazing experience in inspiration and connection.
- Lakeside School: African Drumming & French Lessons (www.essexonlakechamplain.com)
- Willsboro Bluegrass for the New Generation Festival (www.essexonlakechamplain.com)
- The Edge: Drum Circle (nikonusa.com)
- Team Building Drumming Circles (smithroger982.wordpress.com)
- How Drum Therapy Heals (healing.answers.com)
- Drum Circle (mitchampsmusic.wordpress.com)