The Essex-Charlotte ferry will begin its early spring schedule tomorrow, April 1st! The ferry will be arriving every hour.
- Departs VT: 6:00 am- 8:00 pm
- Departs NY: 6:30 am- 8:30 pm
You can see the complete schedule on the Lake Champlain Transportation (LCT) website.
There may be delays due to weather conditions. If you depend the ferry for your transportation needs and want up to date information you can text “LCTFerries” to 24587 to receive important schedule updates on your phone.
Essex-Charlotte Ferry Tips
Here are some reminders for Essex ferry commuters to remember about this crossing:
- All LCT ferries currently have a 3.5% fuel surcharge applied to each ticket sale.
- LCT no longer sells round trip tickets. There is a discount commuter card available for those who frequently use the ferry and want to save some money.
- This particular crossing takes about 25 minutes. So don’t forget to factor that into your travel time!
- Credit cards are currently not accepted at this crossing location.
You can contact LCT about the Essex-Charlotte ferry schedule and any other questions by calling 802-864-9804.