Lake Champlain ferries are shifting their schedules along with the season. The Essex-Charlotte ferry crossing has begun operating on its early fall hours as of September 3. Our Essex ferry schedule is as follows:
The early fall schedule has begun. Running hours are from 6:00 am to 8:00 pm on the Charlotte, Vermont side, and from 6:30 am to 8:30 pm in Essex, NY. The ferry will arrive every half hour from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm on the Vermont side and from 10:30 am to 5:30 pm on the New York side.
Before and after those times the ferry will arrive every hour. So that is on the hour from 6:00 am-10:00 am and from 5:00 pm-8:00 pm in Charlotte, and in Essex from 6:30 am-10:30 am and from 5:30 pm-8:30 pm.
The late fall schedule will begin November 4th with the ferry arriving on the hour all day. On the NY side it will operate from 6:30 am-8:30 pm and from 6:00 am-8:00 pm at the dock in Charlotte, Vermont.
You can see the complete schedule on the Lake Champlain Transportation (LCT) website. These times may change due to weather conditions.
If you depend the ferry for your transportation needs and want up to date information you can text “LCTFerries” to 24587 to receive important schedule updates on your phone.
Essex-Charlotte Ferry Tips
Here are some reminders for commuters to remember about the Essex ferry crossing:
- All LCT ferries have a 1.75% fuel surcharge right now that is applied to each ticket sale.
- For those unaware LCT no longer sells round trip tickets. There is a discount commuter card available for those who frequently use the ferry and want to save some money.
- This particular crossing takes about 25 minutes. So don’t forget to factor that into your travel time!
- Credit cards are currently not accepted at this crossing location.
You can contact LCT if you have any questions at 802-864-9804.
- Daily Doodle: Michelle Maron’s Essex Abstract (essexny.us)
- Steamboats and The Champlain Canal (essexny.us)
- Daily Doodle: Clare’s Essex Sailboat (essexny.us)
- Daily Doodle: Amy Guglielmo’s Essex in a Jar (essexny.us)