On November 4th the Essex-Charlotte ferry crossing will soon shift to its late fall schedule. The ferry will arrive on the hour all day.
Late Fall Schedule Operates: November 4-December 30
Departs NY: 6:30 am-8:30 pm
Departs VT: 6:00 am-8:00 pm
You can see the complete schedule and ticket prices on the Lake Champlain Transportation (LCT) website.
There may be delays due to weather conditions. If you depend the ferry for your transportation needs and want up to date information you can text “LCTFerries” to 24587 to receive important schedule updates on your phone.
Essex-Charlotte Ferry Tips
Here are some reminders for commuters to remember about the Essex ferry crossing:
- All LCT ferries have a 1.75% fuel surcharge right now that is applied to each ticket sale.
- For those unaware LCT no longer sells round trip tickets. There is a discount commuter card available for those who frequently use the ferry and want to save some money if that option suits you.
- This particular crossing takes about 25 minutes. So don’t forget to factor that into your travel time!
- Credit cards are currently not accepted at this crossing location.
You can contact LCT with any questions at 802-864-9804.
- Essex Charlotte Ferry Schedule Early Fall 2013 (www.essexonlakechamplain.com)
- Biker Slights Adirondack Coast (www.essexonlakechamplain.com)
- Vintage Photo: Essex Waterfront (www.essexonlakechamplain.com)
- Student Shuttle from Ferry to Vermont Commons School (www.essexonlakechamplain.com)
- Daily Doodle: Essex Ferry by Charlie Shamel (essexny.us)