The Essex-Charlotte ferry will begin its spring schedule on Monday, May 6th! This will mean longer hours and more frequent trips!
Schedule for May 6 – June 12:
- Departs VT: 6:00 am – 8:00 pm
- Departs NY: 6:30 am – 8:30 pm
At the beginning and end of the day the ferry will be arriving every hour, but throughout midday, 10am-5pm (VT) and 10:30am-5:30pm (NY), it will arrive every half hour.
You can see the complete schedule on the Lake Champlain Transportation (LCT) website.
There may be delays due to weather conditions. If you depend the ferry for your transportation needs and want up to date information you can text “LCTFerries” to 24587 to receive important schedule updates on your phone.
Essex-Charlotte Ferry Tips
Here are some reminders for Essex ferry commuters to remember about this crossing:
- All LCT ferries currently have a 1% fuel surcharge applied to each ticket sale.
- LCT no longer sells round trip tickets. There is a discount commuter card available for those who frequently use the ferry and want to save some money. As of May 1, 2013, the minimum purchase and recharge on this card has increased to $200.
- This particular crossing takes about 25 minutes. So don’t forget to factor that into your travel time!
- Credit cards are currently not accepted at this crossing location.
You can contact LCT about the Essex-Charlotte ferry schedule and any other questions by calling (802) 864-9804.
- Essex-Charlotte Steam Ferry Brochure (www.essexonlakechamplain.com)
- 1957 Ferry Brochure (www.essexonlakechamplain.com)
- Vintage Brochure: Visit Essex on Lake Champlain (www.essexonlakechamplain.com)
- Essex-Charlotte Ferry: Early Spring Schedule (www.essexonlakechamplain.com)
- 1954 LCT Ferry Brochure (www.essexonlakechamplain.com)