Another round of applause (albeit silent, digital applause?) to our friends at adirondacksusa.com for another interactive panorama, this time a 360° view of the junction of NYS Rt. 22 with the Essex Ferry entrance. It appears to be later summer (or early autumn since the maple in front of Greystone is slightly blushing) judging from the extremely low water levels and the muddy delta where Library Brook empties into Lake Champlain just north of the ferry dock.
I hope that you’ll enjoy experimenting with this Essex Ferry entrance panorama’s interactivity. Navigate with the control buttons (center bottom of image) and try zooming from one panorama to another by clicking the red and white bullseye buttons. Here’s a direct link to the interactive panorama in case you encounter any “bugs” while using the widget above.
I Spy… at the Essex Ferry Entrance
So now that you’ve figured out how to navigate this interactive panorama of the Essex Ferry entrance, try to identify some of the landmarks. While it’s enjoyable just to “drive” the widget, it’s even more fun to figure out what you recognize in the 360° virtual intersection. I spy all sorts of familiar sights including:
- the Essex-Charlotte Ferry dock,
- Noble Warehouse (aka the Masonic Lodge and Essex Theatre Company),
- Essex Community Church,
- the stone bridge over Library Brook,
- Greystone Cottage (aka Belden Noble Library),
- Greystone, and
- the blurred silhouette of Rosslyn Boathouse.
Can you identify all of these? What am I missing? Please share your additions in the comments below.
- Interactive Panorama: Essex Main Street and NYS Rt. 22 (www.essexonlakechamplain.com)
- Interactive Panorama: Essex Rt 22 (www.essexonlakechamplain.com)
- Vintage Postcard: James S. Harlan Community Hall (www.essexonlakechamplain.com)