The Essex-Charlotte ferry will begin its summer schedule on Thursday, June 13th! This will mean longer hours and more frequent trips!
The Essex ferry summer schedule will run June 13 – September 2:
- Departs VT: 6:00 am – 9:00 pm
- Departs NY: 6:30 am – 9:30 pm
At the beginning and end of the day the ferry will be arriving every hour, but throughout midday, 8:00 am – 7:00 pm (VT) and 8:30 am – 7:30 pm (NY), it will arrive every half hour.
You can see the complete schedule on the Lake Champlain Transportation (LCT) website.
There may be delays due to weather conditions. If you depend the ferry for your transportation needs and want up to date information you can text “LCTFerries” to 24587 to receive important schedule updates on your phone.
Essex-Charlotte Ferry Tips
Here are some reminders for Essex ferry commuters to remember about this crossing:
- All LCT ferries currently have a 1% fuel surcharge applied to each ticket sale.
- LCT no longer sells round trip tickets. There is a discount commuter card available for those who frequently use the ferry and want to save some money. As of May 1, 2013, the minimum purchase and recharge on this card has increased to $200.
- This particular crossing takes about 25 minutes. So don’t forget to factor that into your travel time!
- Credit cards are currently not accepted at this crossing.
You can contact LCT about the Essex-Charlotte ferry schedule or with any other questions by calling (802) 864-9804.
- 1954 LCT Ferry Brochure (www.essexonlakechamplain.com)
- LCT Shares 1966 Ferry Brochure (www.essexonlakechamplain.com)
- Ferry Commuter Card Rate Increase (www.essexonlakechamplain.com)
- 1958 Vintage Ferry Brochure (www.essexonlakechamplain.com)
Leave a Reply