It promises to be a sensational Independence Day weekend in Essex. Running race, raft race, concert, parade, strawberry shortcake, fireworks, and two more businesses opening for the season… Happy 4th of July!
Fireworks at the park on Friday night (the 1st), at 9:15 PM, preceded by an organ concert at the Essex Community Church featuring Carol Williams from California. The parade is on the next day, Saturday, at 11 AM, followed by activities at the park, including a raft race. Also that day from 10:30 on there will be strawberry shortcake for sale at the Essex Community Church, and at 10 AM, at St. John’s Church, there will be singing of special music for the 4th, should you want to add any of this to your site.
Lest anything slip through the cracks, I’m going to include the “official” information from the Town of Essex website:
Friday, July 1
- 9:15 PM Fireworks (Viewable from Beggs Point)
Saturday, July 2
- 10 am Parade line-up at corner of Blockhouse Rd & Essex Rd
- 11 AM Parade with bands, floats, fire trucks and more!
- Penelope the Clown will entertain folks prior to the parade, during the parade and after the parade.
- Following the parade there will be food and games at Beggs Pt. Park
- 3 pm Spelling bee in the Town Hall
- David Lansing 963-7072 general info
- Wayne Bailey 963-4060 parade info
- John Durant 1 802-999-1285
- Essex Community Concerts (www.essexonlakechamplain.com)
- Provisions and Paparazzi in Essex, NY (www.essexonlakechamplain.com)
- Essex Shipyard and Rudder Club (www.essexonlakechamplain.com)
- Pantouf’s Celebrates Summer with Beautiful Glassware (www.essexonlakechamplain.com)