To encourage children in Essex to read over the summer, the Library is starting a summer reading program. Library board members and volunteers will help children track their summer reading on a very special chart – a sticker for each book read. Incentives to continue summer reading will be offered dependent upon the child’s age and reading level.
To verify a book has been read, children will be asked about their favorite part of each book. For our youngest readers, picture books and being read to will count as well. Good listening, learning from examining pictures, and reading comprehension are all parts of literacy.
This should be fun! So bring your children in let us launch them into summer reading!
For more information contact the library at (518) 963-8079 or send a message to email@example.com.
- New Videos in Rotating Collection at the Library (www.essexonlakechamplain.com)
- Essex-on-Champlain, by George O. Webster (www.essexonlakechamplain.com)
- Cultural Assistance Program (CAP) Grants Announced (www.essexonlakechamplain.com)
- Essex Community Concerts: Meadowmount School of Music (www.essexonlakechamplain.com)
- Essex Library Rotating Collection (www.essexonlakechamplain.com)