It’s time to showcase another awesome Essex 360° interactive panorama produced by our friends at adirondacksusa.com. Bravo, ROOST! Thanks for sharing our charming-quaint-bucolic-beautiful vistas with the world. Please come back and shoot more footage soon. The fall foliage in Essex is still stunning…
How to “Drive” this Interactive Panorama
I invite you to explore this South Main (near Essex Shipyard entrance) panorama’s interactivity. Navigate with the control buttons (center bottom of image) and try zooming from one panorama to another by clicking the red and white bullseye buttons. Here’s a direct link to the Essex Shipyard Entrance interactive panorama in case you encounter any “bugs” while using the widget above.
I Spy… From the Essex Shipyard Entrance
Now that you’ve figured out how to navigate the 360° interactive panorama, try to identify some of the landmarks. While it’s fun enough just to explore with the widget, it’s a neat challenge to figure out what you recognize. I spy all sorts of familiar sights including:
- Essex Shipyard Entrance (with previous Chez Lin & Rays location signage);
- an enchantingly cinematographic Bull Run “horizon view”;
- not-yet-renovated house/office across the street (note the “old” porch);
- Chez Lin & Rays‘ new location (previously Essex Provisions, deli, etc.);
- corner view of the historic Edwards Store;
- view north up Main Street toward the stoplight;
- vintage gas station (remember Tom Warner’s Essex Service Station painting?); and
- the semi-recently renovated blue house at 2264 Main Street.
Can you identify all of these? What am I missing? Please share your additions in the comments below.
Thanks again, Adirondacks USA, for continuing to create interactive panoramas in (and around) Essex, NY.
- Interactive Essex Rt 22 Panorama (www.essexonlakechamplain.com)
- Interactive Panorama: Essex Main Street and NYS Rt. 22 (www.essexonlakechamplain.com)
- Interactive Panorama: Beggs Park Dock in Autumn (www.essexonlakechamplain.com)