The Adirondack History Center Museum is offering the final program in the Elizabeth HW Lawrence Summer Lecture Series on Tuesday, August 27. A full evening of events begins at 6:00 pm with a museum reception and viewing of the museum’s Civil War exhibit.
All are invited to a reception and viewing of The Human Face of the Adirondacks in the Civil War, an exhibition of historic artifacts, photographs and soldiers’ letters related to the Adirondacks in commemoration of the 150th Anniversary. The reception is $10 suggested donation.
Following the reception at 7:00 pm begins Voices of the Civil War with readings from period letters and diaries. Civil War era music is to be performed by Mary-Nell Bockman, Sandra Weber and David Hodges. The price for the Voices of the Civil War program is $5.00 for museum members/$8.00 non-members.
The museum is located at 7590 Court Street, Elizabethtown. Contact the museum for reservations at 518-873-6466 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Civil War Lecture Series Continues at Musuem (www.essexonlakechamplain.com)
- Andy Buchanan on The Place of the U.S. Civil War in the World (www.essexonlakechamplain.com)
- Sharp Swan Lectures on Civil War at Musuem (www.essexonlakechamplain.com)
- Museum brings Civil War soldiers to life (pressrepublican.com)
- Cultural Assistance Program (CAP) Grants Announced (www.essexonlakechamplain.com)