Watching the moss grow
Between your toes?
As the weather gets worse
It’s time for good verse.
Come to Poetry Night!
~ Jeff Moredock
It’s time for a mid-summer poetry open mic at the Adirondack Art Association in Essex, NY. Come to the gallery this Wednesday, July 10 at 7:00 pm with a clutch of your own poems and/or an appetite for your friends’ and neighbors’ poetry. All are welcome!
If this will be your first poetry night, you may be interested in posts about other recent Essex poetry open mic events including frequently asked questions. Hope to see you on Thursday.
- Essex Library Poetry Open Mic Wednesday, May 1 at 7:00 p.m Belden Noble Library, Essex, NY Free to attend! The last open mic poetry event of the Belden Noble Library’s winter series will be held on Wednesday, May 1 at 7:00 p.m. Come to recite your poetry or just to listen. The event is free and open to all poets […]
- Poetry Open Mic in Essex It’s time for another Poetry Open Mic in Essex, NY at the Belden Noble Library. Whether you participated in January’s poetry gathering and/or February’s Poetry Open Mic you are invited to attend and participate with your friends and neighbors on Wednesday, March 27 at 7:00pm. Fish around in your bureau (or your hard drive) for your […]
- Local, Organic, Free-Range Poetry Open Mic It’s time for another Poetry Open Mic in Essex! January’s poetry gathering at the Belden Noble Library celebrated local poetry ranging from poignant to amusing and formally structured to visual collage. Fish around in your bureau (or your hard drive) for your favorite wordsmithing artifacts and dust them off for “show and tell” next Wednesday […]
- Local, Organic, Free-Range Poetry in Essex Poetry in Essex is back! I know, it’s not summer and the Adirondack Art Association is shuttered until the Canada Geese return. But poetry writers and poetry appreciators need not wait until summer for a wholesome doze of local, organic, free-range poetry. Here’s the skinny: Who: Poets and Poetry Aficionados What: Poetry Open Mic Where: […]
- Poetry Open Mic at the Belden Noble Library You may have noticed the smell of spring in Essex these last few days. Don’t get duped. It’s a hoax. A dangling daffodil serenading you beneath your window. “Lose your hat, and lose your mitts,” she sings. “De-hibernate and free your wits and things. Dispatch the freeze. Embrace the thaw. For springtime’s ease returns for […]
- Summer Postpartum Poetry in Essex, NY Summer postpartum depression got you down? Fear not. Poetry in Essex is the perfect antidote to the “So Long, Summer Blues”. Better than a cheap flight to a snowbird sanctuary. Better than a protracted Indian Summer. Better even than your serotonin reuptake inhibitor of choice. If the last two chilly nights (and days) have cooled […]
- Poetry in Essex Is there life in Essex, NY after the July 4th holidays? Absolutely. And poetry too! On Tuesday night I witnessed plenty of both at the Adirondack Art Association. A month after the first Essex poetry reading, the old firehouse in downtown Essex once again summoned Champlain Valley poets and poetry aficionados for a celebration of words, […]
- Essex Poetry, Taxes and Poet Laureate Essex poetry and Essex taxes infrequently cohabit the same sentence. Clearly this is an oversight. In a letter to Jean-Baptiste Leroy on November 13, 1789 Benjamin Franklin opined that “nothing can be said to be certain, except death and taxes.” This fundamental tenet promptly assumed right of place between the Golden Rule and Newton’s apple. […]
- Poetry Slam Tuesday Tomorrow the Adirondack Art Association Board Chairperson, Jeff Moredock, will host the second Essex poetry slam at 6:00 pm. Last summer’s poetry slam (Remember “Poetry Sham, Spam, Slam”?) was such a success that the AAA has doubled down this year. You heard that right, two poetry slams will be hosted at the Adirondack Art Association Gallery in […]