Caught a glimpse of the “Essex” Eagle yesterday. We were headed out of Essex and clearly sighted the eagle out on the frozen lake near George Davis’s “duck pond”. Its huge size made it hard to miss!
They are majestic, elegant birds definitely commanding respect!
I was going to take pictures from the car and would’ve gotten some awesome frontal shots but decided to get out which scared the eagle into flight. I took the photo right before the eagle got off the ice and didn’t see any prey at that time. However it was clear that it had an animal in its talons as it was flying. The animal was about the size of a rabbit or perhaps a little larger. Unfortunately my camera battery was nearly dead so I was only able to get the one shot.
Having never seen an eagle in the wild before, it was quite the experience. They are majestic, elegant birds definitely commanding respect!
- Bald Eagle Sightings in Essex (www.essexonlakechamplain.com)
- Bald Eagles in Essex (www.essexonlakechamplain.com)
- De-Icing the Duck Pond (rosslynredux.com)
- Bald Eagle Breakfast (rosslynredux.com)
- Birders Flock to Essex-Charlotte Ferry Channel (www.essexonlakechamplain.com)
- Mallard Jacuzzi (rosslynredux.com)
- When Will Lake Champlain Thaw? (www.essexonlakechamplain.com)