The Lake Champlain Maritime Festival’s mission is to celebrate the past, present and future of Lake Champlain and the Burlington Waterfront. The Festival is committed to enhancing the visibility and outreach of various non-profit organizations within our community. (LCMF)
This year’s Lake Champlain Maritime Festival will be at Burlington’s Waterfront Park on August 16-18, 2013!
The Lake Champlain Maritime Festival has been named a Top 100 North American Event by the American Bus Association and a Top Ten Vermont Summer Event by the Vermont Chamber of Commerce and is well-supported by both the state and regional chambers, as well as the city of Burlington. Daily admission is free to most events with select events requiring admission.
Stroll along the shores from venue to venue, view the classic boats, long boats, canoe, kayak and Dragon boat demonstrations as we commemorate the past, present, and future of Lake Champlain. Experience boat building, sample local fare, enjoy music and bring the children for hands-on exhibits along the spectacular shores of Burlington Vermont’s Waterfront. (LCMF)
The 7th Annual Lake Champlain Maritime Festival
Now heading towards its seventh year, the Festival is a three-day celebration of Lake Champlain, showcasing hundreds of exhibits throughout sites on the Burlington Waterfront (Burlington Boathouse, Perkins Pier, Spirit of Ethan Allen, Lake Champlain Ferries, Northern Lights Lake Champlain Cruises, US Coast Guard, Lake Champlain Community Sailing Center, ECHO Leahy Center, Burlington’s Waterfront Park and more). (LCMF)
Other Festival activities include:
- ALS Silent Auction;
- Non-Profit Palooza;
- Pirate 5k Run/Walk;
- Mission Possible;
- Free, daily music on multiple stages;
- Four evening ticketed concerts, presented by Higher Ground; (Including The Black Crowes)
- Eco-Zone Exhibit Area;
- Kid Zone with free kids’ activities;
- International food court and crafts;
- Beer tent;
- Maritime exhibits and more!
See a full list of events and details on the LCMF website. Please contact the LCMF office at (802) 482-3313 or visit LCMF online at www.lcmfestival.com to learn more!
- Ferry Commuter Card Update (www.essexonlakechamplain.com)
- Vintage Postcard: Rosslyn/Essex Waterfront (www.essexonlakechamplain.com)
- Essex Ferry Summer Schedule (www.essexonlakechamplain.com)
- Vintage Photo: The Greystone Library (www.essexonlakechamplain.com)