Adirondack Coast Visitors Bureau will welcome the American Windsurfing Tour (AWT) to Plattsburgh on September 28th and 29th, 2013 for the first ever Lake Champlain Windsurfing Festival. Please join Kevin Pritchard and Tyson Poor (pros) and 2 Rad Windsurfing (exhibitor) for a weekend full of windsurfing fun!
Some of the worlds best windsurfers and kitesurfers will be gliding onto Lake Champlain this fall… The event is free — and features competitions and events for all ages — including freestyle, slalom racing and distance races. (WCAX.COM)
See below for a schedule of events (most up-to-date schedule here). These are all wind/condition dependent but regardless they will be at the beach with demos and clinics, so mark your calendars for this thrilling wind and water event.
Saturday, September 28
- 9am: Pancake breakfast with proceeds supporting the Imaginarium Children’s Museum
- Freestyle feature
- Long Distance Fun Race around a buoy and back
- Evening music/BBQ
Sunday September 29
- 10am start
- Family Fun Relay
- Windsurfing, Kiteboarding, and Paddleboard exhibition
- Cumberland bay long distance race with boats assist
- 2pm: Closing BBQ with awards, prizes, raffle and live music
If you shoot any super rad photos, submit them to include in the follow-up post. Thanks.
Hope to see you there!