10 Ways to Support Lakeside School in Essex
1) Bring friends and dance the night away at the bi-annual Barn Dance at Black Kettle Farm. Come early for a hearty chili dinner. Spring dance is June 8th ($10 dance $5 chili dinner). Fall dance date TBA.
2) Join fellow gastronomists at the Essex Inn for brunch at the annual Lakeside Brunch and Auction. Brunch is an all-you-can-eat masterpiece by master Chef Josh Archer – April 28th from 11a.m.-2p.m. at the Essex Inn $30.
3) Bid on a myriad of fabulous items at the Lakeside Auction during brunch at the Essex Inn. Watch the Lakeside Facebook page for previews of items.
4) Have a wedding at Black Kettle Farm – enjoy stunning views of the Lake Champlain Valley and Green Mountains, an industrial kitchen, farmhouse accommodations/dressing rooms, and a beautifully renovated barn space for a reception.
5) Host a child’s birthday at Black Kettle – sledding, skating, and x-country ski options in winter; hiking, waterfalls, and meadows to explore in all seasons.
6) Donate to the Annual Appeal fund.
7) Clear out your garage and donate old treasures to the Lakeside Yard Sale or come find new treasures – May 25-26.
8) Enjoy a puppet show– “The Rainbow Pony,” a fairy tale from the Andes, and make a donation to the school – April 13 – Belden Noble Library in Essex at 11a.m. & Keene Valley Library in Keene Valley at 4p.m. – shows are free, donations welcome.
9) Gift “Critters” as X-mas gifts – hand-made creatures created from natural found materials. You can find them during the holiday season at Magic in Essex and the Pink Pig.
10) Give a sweet surprise to one of the ever-dedicated teachers, staff or board of the Lakeside School!
Your continued support of Lakeside School, a fully integrated farm and forest school, is greatly appreciated. We couldn’t do it without the support of our community! Lakeside School currently serves nursery through 1st grade and will expand next year to include a full time day-care for children as young as one year old, and implement a multi-age elementary school classroom to include 1st and 2nd grade students.