Willsboro local Kristen Hotaling has recently released her first book, The Lonely Christmas Tree. After graduating from SUNY Plattsburgh Kristen opened Willsboro Outdoor World, and yet, despite her strong business background, Kristen has always found various ways to express her creative side. Of course, one of her projects culminated in the creation of The Lonely Christmas Tree. You can learn more about her here.
About The Lonely Christmas Tree
The Lonely Christmas Tree is an illustrated children’s book telling the story of a Spruce tree named Bruce who at first believes he will be alone on Christmas, but some friends come along to cheer him up!
Kristen explained that the inspiration for this book arose from an English project during her senior year of high school that required her to write and design a children’s book and then read it to elementary students.
She said,”I honestly just kept thinking about what would get the attention of the kids, and to think that a Christmas tree left alone on a lot on Christmas eve must be extremely sad with nowhere to go…”
It’s been 7 years since she first came up with the original story and illustrations and now she has updated and officially published the book!
You can currently purchase the book through Amazon or Barnes and Noble. Kristen will also be hosting several book readings and signings throughout December and limited copies will be available for sale. Here are the dates and locations of the planned events:
- Chazy Public Library on Thursday, December 10th from 5:30-7:30 pm
- Paine Memorial Library on Wednesday, December 16th from 5:00-7:00 pm
- Whallonsburgh Grange Hall on Saturday, December 19th from 1:00-4:00 pm
Stay up to date with future events on The Lonely Christmas Tree’s Facebook page.
Kristen also mentioned that she had some thoughts rolling around in her brains regarding a second book, and she hopes to write it within the next year.
- New Expanded Essex Architecture Book Perfect Holiday Gift (essexonlakechamplian.com)
- Decorate Essex for the Holidays! (essexonlakechamplian.com)
- The Magic of Christmas in Essex 2015 (essexonlakechamplian.com)
- Willsboro Outdoor World Opens (essexonlakechamplian.com)