Celebrate The MAGIC of Christmas in Essex on Saturday, December 1st, 2012!
We’ve just received a sneak peek at the 2012 schedule The Magic of Christmas in Essex, and we want to pass it along to help you plan even though some details may change as event coordinator Erin Hall finalizes the day’s exciting events. We’ll publish the official schedule for The Magic of Christmas in Essex as soon as possible. Please keep your eyes peeled!
Saturday, December 1st, 2012
- 9:15 am Santa and Mrs. Claus arrive in downtown Essex, New York via Horse Drawn Carriage. Santa “fans” should congregate near the Adirondack Art Association building to greet Santa & Mrs. Claus
- 9:45-11:00 am Free Pancake Breakfast with Santa and Mrs. Claus at the Essex Firehouse
- 9:30-4:00 pm HOLIDAY VENDORS: Located in the Adirondack Art Association building. Come and shop for jewelry, ornaments, hand-woven Adirondack baskets, legendary biscotti, paintings, wreaths and kissing balls, baked goods, pottery, glass and more fantastic local crafts!
- 9:30-4:00 pm Fabulous Holiday Photo Booth: Essex Ice Cream Café
- 11:30-1:30 pm Essex Community Church holiday bazaar and luncheon
- 12:45-1:15 pm Reindeer run: Free Fun Run for kids and adults with certificate and hot cocoa at the finish line. Start and finish at LiveWell.
- 2:00-2:45 pm Holiday Cookie Contest: $50 first prize. Free Entry. Hosted at the Essex Ice Cream Café. Contestants must drop off cookies no earlier than 1:30 on 12/1 at the Essex Ice Cream Cafe.
- 4:00 pm Local author, Steven Kellogg reads Truman Capote’s A Christmas Memory at the Belden Noble Library. Also, don’t miss the library’s silent auction items, available for bidding all day long!
- 5:15 pm Tree Lighting: Come sing carols and light the town-tree. Event located in front of Town Hall.