Here’s latest from the Belden Noble Memorial Library!
Authors Book Group
Our Authors Book Club got off to a great start with poet Chase Twichell, who read several poems from her latest collection, Horses Where the Answers Should Have Been, for which she won the prestigious Kinglsey Tufts Award. Chase read several poems on two themes (Adirondacks and Zen) and discussed each set of poems with the audience. The discussion was deep, humorous, and thought provoking. And it was a very moving experience for this librarian to have Russell Banks, Steven Kellogg, Kate Moses, and Chase Trichell in our little library at the same time! All in all, it was a terrific start to the series.
Kate Moses is up next in the Authors Book Club, leading a discussion C. E. Morgan’s novel The Sport of Kings on Thursday, September 22 at 7:00 p.m. You’ll want to read the book before the event. I have ordered a copy for the library, which should arrive soon, and a small number of copies are available through other CEF libraries. The Pink Pig is also ordering copies for purchase. More info to come.
Here are some of the new titles we have added to our collection. Check our catalog for availability.
- Here Be Monsters: a Tyler Cunningham Adirondack Mystery by Jamie Sheffield
- Circling the Sun by Paula McLain
- H Is for Hawk by Helen Macdonald
- Journey to Munich by Jacqueline Winspear
- Horses Where the Answers Should Have Been by Chase Twichell
- Dog Language by Chase Twichell
- Paul McCartney by Phillip Norman
Audiobooks on CD
- Go Set a Watchman by Harper Lee
- The Edgar Allen Poe Audio Collection
- A Summer Affair by Elin Hinderbrand
- New Library Event Series: Authors Book Club (www.essexonlakechamplain.com)