I stopped by The Old Dock Restaurant on Thursday to catch up with Steve McKenna who was pruning hedges and getting the parking lot ready for their July 1 opening date. Really? Really!
Despite totally record breaking Lake Champlain flooding, McKenna has worked around the clock for weeks to revitalize this Essex, NY landmark. I can’t begin to guess how many times I’ve been asked about the Old Dock this spring. It’s one of the iconic Essex buildings on the waterfront, and for many the images of the entire restaurant, parking lot and pier submerged for almost two months seemed an insurmountable challenge. And yet, miraculously, the Old Dock is back on her feet and promises to be better than ever.
I look forward to a frosty libation and a perfect sunset soon… Who’s coming?
- The Old Dock Restaurant (www.essexonlakechamplain.com)
- Essex Marina (www.essexonlakechamplain.com)
- Essex Shipyard and Rudder Club (www.essexonlakechamplain.com)
- Essex Inn on the Adirondack Coast (www.essexonlakechamplain.com)
- Essex Community Concerts (www.essexonlakechamplain.com)
- Three Perks of Life in Essex (rosslynredux.com)