(Click any image in the gallery to enlarge or start a slideshow.)
Do you remember how Lake Champlain completely froze over last winter? In the gallery above are some photos taken by Catherine Seidenberg as she and Tom Duca trekked through snowy woods and across the frozen lake.
Did you venture out on the ice last winter? Maybe not all the way across as Catherine and Tom did, but perhaps to ice skate? Emily Phillips shared a heartwarming story of ice skating on the lake with her niece last year and told of others who took advantage of the perfect ice to skate and play as well.
What do you think the chances are of the lake freezing again this year? Looking forward to it if it happens? Shares your thoughts and hopes in the comments below!
If you take any photos this winter (or anytime) and want us to share them on Essex on Lake Champlain, then email us at editor[@]www.essexonlakechamplain.com. We’d love to see them!
This post inspired others to share memories of last winter! See more below.
Funny you should post that story today. I just switched out my summer picture of sparkling Lake Champlain water as my computer desktop photo, to one of Will and me on our ice walk to Split Rock last March 9, 2013. These shots show Will looking at the split of Split Rock, and standing on other rocks near the split. ~Kathryn Reinhardt
- If You Clear It They Will Come: Skating on Lake Champlain (www.essexonlakechamplain.com)
- When Will Lake Champlain Thaw? (www.essexonlakechamplain.com)
- The Art of Lake Champlain: Inspiring Landscape (www.essexonlakechamplain.com)
- Lake Champlain Frozen, Flashback to March 2005 (www.essexonlakechamplain.com)
- Snow Geese (www.essexonlakechamplain.com)
- Friends of Northern Lake Champlain (www.essexonlakechamplain.com)