The Fourth of July is approaching, so I thought I’d send out a reminder of the activities taking place in Essex for the holiday! Check out the previous post covering the event, but now there is even more new information available here.
Fireworks on July 3rd
This year Essex fireworks will be lit on July 3rd. The Fireworks Extravaganza will be ignited off Beggs Point at about 9:15 PM (dusk). But keep a watchful eye out over Lake Champlain on other nights because I’m sure fireworks will be set off for several nights surrounding the fourth by different groups.
Essex July 4th Events
- 8:30 AM- Fire Cracker Fun Run- Registration from 8 AM to post time at the former Smith House Physical Therapy Building across from Catholic Church. $5 entry fee. Sponsored by Essex Initiatives. Certificates for all finishers.
- 9:15 AM- Children’s Fun Run – Registration and the race start in front of Essex Ice Cream Cafe . No fee to run. Race is two laps around Beggs Point. All participants will receive a certificate and ice cream coupon!
- 10:00 AM – Patriotic Hymn will be sung at St. John’s Church.
10:00 AM- Parade line-up on Blockhouse Road. There will be numerous participants representing local organizations. Watch out for classic cars and flying candy! Local Survivor winner, Sophie Clarke, will be the Grand Marshall this year as she leads the parade (Valley News).
- 11:00 AM- Parade steps off, and will go toward Essex down into Main Street. Be early to be sure to get a good spot to watch from!
- Immediately following parade – Food and games at Beggs Park! Make sure you check out the Fire Department’s gourmet food booth.
- A raft race will take place after the park games.
- 3:00 PM- Spelling Bee in Town Hall (essexnewyork.org)