Get your pencils sharpened, your laptops powered, and your cameras ready, Champlain Area Trails (CATS) will soon launch its first Travel Writing Contest. It’s your chance to write about your travels in New York’s central Champlain Valley—to share your favorite experiences on the Champlain Area Trails–whether it’s hiking, walking, skiing, snowshoeing, birding, tracking, picnicking, or a little bit of each. Also tell us about other great recreational, cultural, or gastronomical adventures you enjoyed in the Champlain Valley. Perhaps you paddled on the Boquet River? Took in a play at the Depot Theatre? Biked along scenic back roads? Dined on delicious food at a family-owned cafe? Or savored fresh produce at a local farm? The Valley’s the limit, so start exploring!
Entrants may submit works in two categories: Writing (800- to 1,200-word article with two to four photos) and Multimedia (audio, video, slideshow). First-place winners will receive a $500 cash prize and online publication in our CATS Destination Guide. There will also be goodies for the runners-up. Full details will be announced in August, but it’s not too early to start jotting down your special memories at the places and trails in New York’s central Champlain Valley. (via Champlain Area Trails.)
- CATS: Immediate Trail-work Gratification (www.essexonlakechamplain.com)
- Live Well in the Champlain Valley (www.essexonlakechamplain.com)
- Summer arrives in Essex on Lake Champlain (www.essexonlakechamplain.com)
- Moon Over Lake Champlain (rosslynredux.com)
- Crooning to the Adirondack Sunset (rosslynredux.com)
- Lake Champlain Polar Bear Plunge on March 19 (e-marginalia.com)