Is there anything more beautiful than snow in the Champlain Valley? I hope you are all enjoying the first real snow of the season. To celebrate winter’s arrival, please join us on one, two, or all three of our upcoming winter events.
There are a few spaces still available in our second “Owl Prowl.” Join Naturalist Gregg Van Deusen at 4:30 p.m. on Sunday, December 21st as he leads our second moonlit early-evening hike on Bobcat Trail and make owl calls to elicit responses from owls in the woods and field.
As before, we are limited to 25 participants, so please register early by clicking HERE or call us at 518-962-2287. Suggested $5/person.
Christmas in Essex
January Moonlit Hike
We are planning our first Moonlit Hike up Blueberry Hill on Saturday evening, January 3. We will meet at the trailhead on Lorde Road in Elizabethtown and hike or snowshoe by the light of the (almost) full moon to the Lean-to or Giant View. Afterwards, we’ll go to the nearby Halfway House Restaurant on Rt. 9 in Elizabethtown to warm up with drinks and munchies.
If you would like to join us, please let us know by emailing us at info[@]champlainareatrails.com so we have an idea how many to expect.
CATS Executive Director
- New CATS Trailhead Signs & Upcoming Events (www.essexonlakechamplain.com)
- How does Lake Champlain handle all those Snow Geese? (northcountrypublicradio.org)
- Christmas in Essex Day (essexny.us)
- Volunteer Vacation Crew Completes Three Trail Projects (www.essexonlakechamplain.com)
- Why I Give to Lakeside School (www.essexonlakechamplain.com)