Do you recognize the landscape in this aerial photo? It’s not be Essex, but it’s a close neighbor of the town… It’s the Willsboro Point to the north of Essex, NY. You can see the entirety of the peninsula in this photo. Did you recognize it before even seeing the caption or other text that identified it?
When do you think this photo was taken? Anything of interest that you can point out? We asked the community these questions as well when we originally shared the photo, and we got this response:
Chauntel Skye Gillilland: Nicely done…I could certainly “point” out a few things…
I unintentionally made a pun with that second question! I honestly didn’t realize that until I got that response.
See the back of the postcard to the right. The text on the back reads:
“Willsboro, Essex County, NY settled in 1765, it centers on one of the most beautiful sections of the Adirondacks and Champlain Valley. This section has taken it’s place in the historical background of our country.
Do you have anything you want to say about this postcard? We welcome your comments!
Share Your Essex Artifacts
If you want to share your old photos of Essex (or brochures; postcards; menus; tickets; any artifact) on the blog please email us at editor [AT] essexonlakechamplain [DOT] com.
- Postcard: Schuyler Island (www.essexonlakechamplain.com)
- Vintage Postcard: The Crater Club (www.essexonlakechamplain.com)
- Vintage Postcard: Sherwood Inn Waterfront (www.essexonlakechamplain.com)
- Vintage Photo: Essex Diner & Movie Theater (www.essexonlakechamplain.com)
- Vintage Postcard: Old Willsboro Bank (www.essexonlakechamplain.com)
- Vintage Postcard: Gem of the Lake (www.essexonlakechamplain.com)