A workshop on sustaining volunteers at nonprofit organizations is to be held at Ausable Chasm on November 5, 2014 from 10 am – 1 pm. The workshop is free and open to the public.
The Sustaining Volunteers Workshop consists of three components – recruiting and training volunteers, meeting and greeting the public, and identifying community stories that link the region’s cultural, historic, natural and recreational assets. The training will describe how volunteers build a “real person” connection with visitors as they work on the front lines of their organization.
The workshop is sponsored by Lakes to Locks Passage, the Champlain Valley Heritage Network (CVHN) and the Adirondack Coast Cultural Alliance (ACCA). Five years ago, Lakes to Locks Passage launched the Heritage Center Strategy, working with eight organizations in Essex County. They have recently completed a five year follow-up survey to assess the volunteer programs developed at these organizations. Through the workshop you will learn how they manage their volunteer programs, and help to develop a toolkit to support community volunteer programs.
The workshop will be held in the cafeteria in the main the building at Ausable Chasm, 644 Route 373, Keeseville, NY 12944. Morning refreshments will be available, but pack a lunch if needed and wear warm clothes! Attendees are invited to visit the North Star Underground Railroad Museum (directly adjacent to Ausable Chasm) at 1pm following the workshop.
To register or for more information, please contact Margaret Gibbs at firstname.lastname@example.org or 518-597-9660.
- Ausable Chasm (www.essexonlakechamplain.com)
- New York State Canal Corporation Director to Speak at Lakes to Locks Passage 2014 Annual Meeting (www.essexonlakechamplain.com)
- Lakes to Locks Passage Awarded Battlefield Preservation Grant (www.essexonlakechamplain.com)
- Ausable Brewing Company Starting Up (www.essexonlakechamplain.com)
- Help Save Ranger Trail (www.essexonlakechamplain.com)
- Adirondack Cycling: Lake Champlain to High Peaks (www.essexonlakechamplain.com)