The Belden Noble Memorial Library has three items to report this week. Take a look and hope to see you in the library soon!
Essex Library Events
Thursday, Jan 16, at 1:00pm: Organizational meeting for the new Fiber Arts Group. This group will be knitting, crocheting, doing needlework, and more. All are welcome!
Thursday, Jan 16 at 7:00 pm: Open Mic Poetry. Poets, bring a few works to read aloud. Non-poets, consider bringing a favorite poem to share. Everyone, bring your enthusiasm and love of poetry. Again, all are welcome!
New Titles at the Library
(Check the catalog at www.cefls.org for availability.)
- 12 Years a Slave by Northup, Solomon
- Flight Behavior by Kingsolver, Barbara
- American Mirror: The Life and Art of Norman Rockwell by Solomon, Deborah
- The Signature of All Things by Gilbert, Elizabeth
- The Circle by Dave Eggers
- The Bully Pulpit: Theodore Roosevelt, William Howard Taft, and the Golden Age of Journalism by Goodwin, Doris Kearns
- Takedown Twenty by Evanovich, Janet
- A Week in Winter by Binchy, Maeve
- The Last Runaway by Chevalier, Tracy
Our water and sewer lines are frozen and the ginder motor on our sewer line has burned out. The town has been very responsive and is working to solve these problems quickly. In the meantime, the library is open as usual but we have no water or bathroom facilities.[Update: The issue was solved the very day this post came out. See the comment below for more details.]
- Essex, NY Not Just A Summer Town (www.essexonlakechamplain.com)
- Vintage Postcard: Essex, NY from Lake Champlain (www.essexonlakechamplain.com)
- Library Poetry Open Mic Schedule (www.essexonlakechamplain.com)
- Essex Library: December Newsletter (www.essexonlakechamplain.com)