Yoga with Emily Abruzzi
$15 per class, $12 with your class card
Emily is thrilled to be sharing her experiences from the past few months traveling and studying extensively; deepening her teaching skills. She is inspired by the endless potential of yoga—as both a physical and mindfulness practice.
“To dissolve the parts of us that get in our own way and take us to a deeper, embodied experience of our essential self.”
In this light, she is especially interested in individualizing the practice to meet the specific needs of her students, both in group classes and in private sessions.
Emily’s classes are influenced by both breath-based and alignment-based approaches. In a breath-based approach, we learn how to join the breath and movement through gentle flowing sequences that create a sense of ease throughout the body. In an alignment-based approach, poses are often held for longer periods of time while we direct our attention to finding clarity and support within the pose, building physical strength and flexibility as well as sustained attention and mental focus.
Emily has been practicing yoga for 17 years and teaching since 2007. She has 1,000 + hours of training from 5 yoga teacher training programs and is influenced by both the Krichnamacharya and Iyengar traditions, as well as The School for Body-Mind Centering®. In addition to being a lifetime student of yoga, she is currently assisting her teachers, Amy Mathews (co-author of Yoga Anatomy) and Roxlyn Moret, in the School for Body-Mind Centering®’s Embodied Anatomy and Yoga program, in NYC. Learn more about Emily.
Sign up for yoga with Emily on the NEW Health website.
- Restorative Yoga Workshop at LCY&W (www.essexonlakechamplain.com)
- NEW Health Opens in Essex (www.essexonlakechamplain.com)
- Start the New Year with NEW Health (www.essexonlakechamplain.com)
- CEVE Asks Questions about Essex Events: Who, What, When, Where and How? (www.essexonlakechamplain.com)
- Lakeside School: Empathy (www.essexonlakechamplain.com)
- NEW Health is Making the New Year about You (www.essexonlakechamplain.com)