When do you think this photo was taken? I believe it was probably during the 1980s at some point. Can you be more exact? Do you recognize any children on this float? Perhaps if you do, then you can estimate their age and determine what year this must have been.
Take a look at the many comments we received about the photo below and see who was identified and other interesting facts:
- Christine Soper: Looks like Willsboro.
- Joanne Curran Belzile Yes, Mountain View Drive.
- Jennifer Carson: I believe this was taken in Willsboro and is Ann Choate’s house. I recognize my sister Tracey Alterie my brothers Kenny & Anthony Alterie and 3 of my cousins.
- Laura Bliss: Definitely Ann Choate’s house!
- Juli Harwood: Is Jeremy Estus the Sailor?
- Glen Pickles: It’s definitely Ann’s house. I see that roof from across the street every day!
- Yvonne D Alterie: Omg does Dylan look like Bobby!
- Gretel H. Schueller: I think I see Todd Goff!
- Lawrence Allen: I live next to Ann Choate and this is her house. Also the tree behind the flag later went down to the state capital to be used as a Christmas tree.
- Jeremy Estus: Yup I think that’s me as the sailor boy.
- Debbie Morrell Alterie: Looks like a few of my children and my nephews.
- Patrick MacDougal: Yes I see Derrick Wrisley, but I can’t find Clayton Wrisley.
- Gena H Tallman: I think I see Wrisley boys too?
- Patrick MacDougal: Yes my sister and myself are sitting to the left and the right of the red car. And I believe the house is Anne Choate’s in Willsboro.
- Chris Jones: Is that my big head in front of the blue tractor?
Share Your Essex Artifacts
If you want to share your old photos of Essex (or brochures; postcards; menus; tickets; any artifact) on the blog please email us at editor [at] essexonlakechamplain [dot] com.
- Photo: Essex Town Hall (www.essexonlakechamplain.com)
- Vintage Postcard: Orchard Street (www.essexonlakechamplain.com)
- Vintage Postcard: Former Methodist Church with Steeple (www.essexonlakechamplain.com)
- Vintage Photo: Essex Fire Truck (www.essexonlakechamplain.com)