When do you think this old photograph was taken? Do you recognize anything? What has changed? Here’s the community’s answers:
Kim DeMar: The upper deck on Lapines’ old house on the left.
Christine Herrmann: The street has been paved!
As the caption tells us this is a photograph taken on the southern portion of Main Street in Essex, NY facing North (toward Willsboro). On the left side of the photo the first fully visible house is the former Lapine House (mentioned above) which is followed by the historic John Gould House.
Do you recognize anything else of note? Other changes? Leave a comment below!
Share Your Essex Artifacts
If you want to share your old photos of Essex (or brochures; postcards; menus; tickets; any artifact) on the blog please email us at editor [AT] essexonlakechamplain [DOT] com.
- Vintage Photo: Lake Champlain Bridge (www.essexonlakechamplain.com)
- Vintage Postcard: Sherwood Inn Waterfront (www.essexonlakechamplain.com)
- Vintage Photo: American Legion Hall (www.essexonlakechamplain.com)
- Vintage Photo: Residence of H.H. Noble (www.essexonlakechamplain.com)
- Vintage Photo: St. John’s Church & Rectory (www.essexonlakechamplain.com)